Job Description - General Accounting and Accounts Payable
General Accounting and Accounts Payable
Under the supervision of the CFO supports all aspects of accounts payable, ensuring that all deadlines are met with the highest degree of accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all vouchers and approved invoices for payments; processes all agency payments in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to secure proper payment approvals.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Oversees maintenance of accounts payable files and records.
- Prepares 1099s.
- Responds to all vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Process and oversee expense reimbursement and reporting.
- Prepares open payables, aging and vendor activity reports as needed.
- Works with the CFO to streamline procedures, identify and correct issues and improve efficiencies.
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts
- Assist with year end audits preparation
- Provide general accounting support to the CFO, as required.
Associates Degree plus 3 years of accounts payable experience, Bachelor degree a plus.
- Must be computer literate, organized, strong excel skills and experience with Blackbaud preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.