Job Title: Food Service Supervisor – Neighborhood House
Reports To: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week), Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Effective Date: October 2021
Under the direction of the Operations Manager the Food Service Supervisor will be responsible for managing the food service operations within the Neighborhood House. Ensuring that all menus are planned and implemented according to state and federal requirements. Procure necessary food and resources to feed all children.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the daily operations of the Neighborhood House
• Plan menus and order food for all meals and snacks
• Ensure all food meets requirements of Child Care Food Program and Community Food Bank’s Kids Café Program
• Maintain required records including menus, food production, and inventory
• Ensure program follows all proper safety and sanitation procedures, to comply with health department regulations and accepted industry standards
• Manage and maintain schedule for food service staff
• Maintain all required certifications
• Plan and prepare menus to stay within budget and take advantage of in season and locally available foods
• Prepare food in compliance with all food service and food handling requirements
• Procure food in compliance at the Community Food Bank through the partnership Agency Program.
• Incorporate agency’s mission into food service through nutrition and educational directives
• Supervise kitchen staff and volunteers who assist with kitchen operations
• High School degree or equivalent required
• ServSafe certification required
• Experience with cooking, cutting and commercial kitchen equipment, including slicers, mixers, ovens, stoves and other equipment
• Training in culinary arts or food service experience is a plus
• Experience in food service, culinary arts or meal production required.
• Knowledge of menu planning, budget management and food ordering.
• Ability to handle unexpected changes and adjust food production as necessary
• Must have excellent supervisory, oral and written communication skills
• Safety and Security-Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Attendance/Punctuality-Is Consistently at work and is on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Diversity-Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the values of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Frequently required to stand
• Frequently required to walk
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Occasionally required to taste or smell
• Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds