Job Title: Receptionist – Neighborhood House
Reports To: Operations Manager
Classification: Part-Time (up to 25 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Effective Date: September 2021
Under the direction if the Operations Manager, the Receptionist is responsible to serve as an initial contact for all callers and visitors to the Neighborhood House. Must be bilingual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers, screens, directs calls on a multi-line phone system in a courteous and professional manner; takes messages and /or forwards telephone calls to appropriate employee or voicemail
- Takes and records temperatures of all staff and visitors; ensures screening sheets are completed and filed daily.
- Communicates with classrooms for pickup of children. Escort children as needed to parents waiting outside.
- Assists parents with comprehension and completion of paperwork, including child registrations, subsidy funding contracts, food eligibility forms and other documents as needed.
- Meets and greets visitors; determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate location
- Assists parents with the E-Childcare system
- Responds to visitors, employees in a courteous and professional manner
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be Bi-lingual
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality-Is Consistently at work and is on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Oral Communication-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear