Job Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
Reports To: Director of Preschool
Classification: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Effective Date: December 2021
Our Morristown Neighborhood House location is looking for a Group Teachers who will be responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in their care, which may include toddlers and/or preschool age children under the direction of the Director of the Preschool. The Group Teacher will also develop relationships with parents/caregivers to encourage parent participation in the program along with being responsible for assuring compliance with codes of all States and local governing agencies; and works well with all staff members of Neighborhood House.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth
- Develop age appropriate lesson plans using Creative Curriculum
- Prepare developmental progress reports as necessary
- Maintain ongoing and open communication with parents/caregivers
- Plan periodic parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental progress, needs and interests
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely client and agency records; complete daily meal and attendance records
- Assures a healthy, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for the children
- Participate in regular staff meetings and training sessions
- Report all staffing and classroom concerns to supervisor
- Provides training and supervision to assistant teachers and volunteers assigned to the classroom
- Appraising employee’s performances; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or a CDA
- Minimum 1-year classroom experience in childcare (preschool)
- Must be a team player and have a passion for teaching
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the values of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workplace.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motives others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent ; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to lift/carry items up to 30 pounds