Teen Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the VP of Programs the Teen Program Coordinator is responsible for designing, implementing, and reporting on all teen programs and initiatives. The Program Coordinator will also develop relationships with the school district, local organizations, and the community to promote positive opportunities for teens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a welcoming environment and build a rapport with local area teens
- Oversee and grow the College Prep Program
- Work with outside vendors or area teachers to assist with the implementation and measurement of the College Prep Program
- Oversee the Rites of Passage program and complete all related County funding reports
- Oversee the NabeTeens@Work program including hiring youth, supervising them, working with program Directors for in house placements, coordinating professional development workshops and scheduling area intern placements.
- Build and maintain a curriculum for ongoing youth professional development workshops
- Coordinate, supervise and schedule activities in the teen lounge.
- Build and create a teen data base of contacts
- Work with Director on creating program milestones and measuring program success
- Assist with the implementation and reporting of grant funded activities and provide feedback and insight for new grant opportunities
- Oversee all teen related ad hoc opportunities and initiatives throughout the year
- Maintain up to date vendor/partner MOU’s and contract agreements
- Provides training and supervision to youth hired into workforce development programs
- Oversee all youth programming to assure adequate supervision during programs
- Assure vendors responsible for assisting with programs are following contract guidelines
- Associate degree in a related field
- Minimum 2-years experience working with teens
- Minimum 3- years in a supervisory role
- Must be a team player and have a passion for youth