Job Title: Program Assistant – Adult Day Center
Department: Morris View Adult Day Center
Reports To: Director of Adult Day Center
Classification: Part-Time (up to 20 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Effective Date: July 2021
Under the supervision of the Morris View Director the Program Assistant is responsible for carrying out the planned program, assisting with the personal care of our clients, activities, active games, group discussion, recording certain client and program information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned program activities as directed such as leading an exercise and discussion group
- Sign in/out clients, recording items brought and the clothing descriptions
- Assist in orientation of new clients
- Assist with personal care activities of clients (coats, transferring, ambulation, lavatory, eating, hand washing, etc.) to meet the individual needs
- Daily, review communication book for ongoing changes in the program or the clients
- Participate in set up/clean up of lunches and snacks. Assist in monitoring kitchen and cleaning supplies
- Attend staff meetings when possible
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year in working with the elderly/disabled and knowledgeable about their physical, social, and mental health needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, paraprofessional staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule changes.
- Attendance/Punctuality-Is Consistently at work and is on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriates action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk and hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds