Job Title: Assistant Group Leader – Dover
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Classification: Part-Time (up to 20 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Effective Date: August 2021
Under the direction of the Site Supervisor, the Afterschool Assistant Group Leader is responsible to provide a fun and safe environment for the afterschool care of the children. The Assistant Group Leader works with the children to help them with their homework, games, activities and snack time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising children and presenting a positive role model through interactions with program participants
- Lead homework help time and provide homework assistance to students
- Assist in daily activities and snack time
- Encourage a positive environment that fosters mutual support and the desire to learn and grow
- Assist the Site Supervisor with the curriculum, activities and the cleanliness of the room
- Participate in the arrival and the dismissal of the children
- Assist and monitor the children during the program hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year prior child care experience
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality-Is Consistently at work and is on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety and Security-Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to lift/carry items up to 15 pounds
I have received my job description and understand that I will be evaluated on the requirements set forth therein.