Job Title: Lead Teacher – Neighborhood House
Department: Before & Afterschool Enrichment
Reports To: Supervisor of the Before and After School Enrichment
Classification: Full Time (40 hours per week), Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Effective Date: September 2021
Under the direction of the Supervisor of the Before and After School Enrichment, the Lead Teacher is responsible to provide a fun and safe environment for our children while being in their care. The Lead Teacher will also provide homework and additional assignments for afterschool for children from kindergarten to 12th grade.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the development of each child
- Maintain ongoing and open communication with parents/caregivers
- Assures a healthy, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for the children
- Works well with assistants and volunteers that are assigned to the room/program
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely agency records; complete daily snack and attendance records
- Report all staffing, classroom and program concerns to the Supervisor
- Responsible for the completion of the curriculum, activities and the cleanliness of the room or designated program area
- Participate in the arrival and the dismissal of the children
- Participate in all staff meetings and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-years prior childcare experience in a classroom setting
- Must have 1-year supervisory experience
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration r egardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality-Is Consistently at work and is on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety and Security-Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to lift/carry items up to 30 pounds