Friends of the BlindFree
About this course
The only program of its kind in Morris County, Friends of the Blind helps seniors live a healthy, secure, independent, and stimulating lifestyle. We match trained adult volunteers one-on-one with blind and visually impaired adults to provide support and companionship to:
- Enhance confidence and self-esteem
- Maintain maximum independence
- Overcome barriers
- Achieve full participation in social, educational, recreational, and employment activities
More specifically, our supervised volunteers act as a second set of eyes and provide assistance with:
- Reading and writing correspondence
- Banking and bill paying
- Locating available resources
- Providing transportation to grocery stores, doctor’s appointments, and other errands
Our staff and volunteers also provide advocacy for clients and assist with identifying appropriate adaptive equipment, training clients on the use of equipment, and making referrals based on individual need.
For more information, please contact:
(973) 538-5260 ext. 234
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.